[vdr] Re: NTSC Playback and OSD

Manfred Bieß wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> when playing VDR files in ntsc, i've noticed the OSD is not displayed correctly.
> It is set up for PAL resolution and the bottom of the OSD is not shown, when
> displaying ntsc files - for example you don't see anything of the progress bar.
>
> Is the problem known? Is there a fix or work-around or will it be so?

Try reducing the OSD height in the "Setup/OSD" menu. I'm not sure if there is a way
to determine whether the decoder is currently playing a PAL or an NTSC signal (or
the number of lines the current signal has - actually I guess it wouldn't matter if
it's PAL or NTSC or whatever). If so, we could adjust the OSD height dynamically.

Klaus