[vdr] limited no. of channels

Hi,

i'm not sure if this is a bug, a feature or a break inside my brain.
I'm using vdr 1.1.17 in a diseqc astra/hotbird environment, so the
channels.conf i want to use is about 20k of size.
If i'm using that channels.conf, vdr shows up all channels with a channel
number "0". When i edit one channel and save this, the channel.conf will be
cut by vdr to a size of about 5-6k.
Whats happening here? Am i too dump? I searched the whole channels.conf for
a fault, but i cannot find one. It seems, as if it only depends on the size
of the channels.conf.

Greets

Stephan