[vdr] Re: cutting frame accurate?

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:12:55PM +0100, Daniel Schneider wrote:
> Does someone know about a linux/opensource solution for frame
> accurate cutting of MPEG-2 Streams? On Windows you can use M2-Edit
> (commercial), which reencodes the B/P-Frames around the cutting point
> to the next I-Frames. Maybe in the meantime someone made a
> linux-solution for this problem?

Frame accurate cutting is too much hassle.

From one I-Frame to the next I-Frame (on most channels) is 12/25 Second
(A bit less than 0.5 seconds)

You would buy this "minimal added value" for a much higher price then
(at least i) seen in the 11 Frames (worst case) too much.

Simplified(*) there would be this steps:
a) Decode Frames
b) Extract Audio
c) Cut the Audio according to Picture.
d) Calculate Offset (=sync between Audio/Video)
e) Reencode Frames
f) Remultiplex Audio/Video

*: I mean simplified!

Bis denn