[vdr] Re: AW: Re: cutting frame accurate?

> > But we would at least need a software that does this frame
> > accurate cut like M2Edit does...
>
> Womble MPEG-VCR also does frame accurate cutting, but not free ($249,
M2-
> Edit Pro 5.0 will cost $1495) and windows based
>
> it could be possible to use a frameserver (like avisynth) and decode
up to
> the frame you want and continue with the second file at the point you
want
> - only problem is that you have to reencode the whole movie

Well, frame exact MPEG video cut is possible by using DVD2AVI and
TMPGEnc. Use TMPGEnc to cut at I-Frames up to the GOPs before and after
the break, and use DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc to make the frame accurate cuts
for the two GOPs that contain the beginning and the end of the break.
The main problem I see is the sound synchronisation...

Jörg