[vdr] Re: cutting frame accurate in VDR?

> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > as you can see I still did not test the cut feature in VDR.
> >
> > Because I can move in an MPEG-Stream forward step by step (also
remember
> > e.g. Hardware/Software DVD players), I thought, something similar
could
> > be implemented: Rough cut by jumping through the I-frames, then
> > frame-by-frame-forward decoding for setting the exact cut point.
> > How this cut is finally done (reencoding, merging) is another
story...

> > Jörg
>
> But you also want to be able to fine-position your cutting mark, and
that
> includes
> (in most cases) being able to move it _backwards_ frame by frame, too.

Yes, this would be VERY comfortable. But as I still have not seen any
frame accurate MPEG cut tool, that also takes a look at the audio
stream, it would already be a big step forward if you were at least able
to jump back to the last I-frame - in the worst case, you have to press
frame-forward 12 times again :-).
Additionally, as private TV stations often use hard cuts between movies
and trailers, you could define that the frame you currently see is not
included in the cut file (cut point = current point-1 :-) ).

Greetings

Jörg