[vdr] Re: tosvcd 0.7 question

Hi Joachim,

what exactly do you mean by "pthread"-library? My rpm didn't find a
package by that name. Same with rpmfind.net.
What is the library called?

My environment is the following

1 GHz AMD Duron with RedHat 8.0

mjpegtools are updated to 1.6.0-1 and seem to be running fine. My guess
is that thy are waiting for the YUV4MPEG-header to appear in the named
pipe. because that's what yuvscaler just told me after killing it:

--------------------------------------
Using MMXEXT for IDCT transform
Using MMXEXT for motion compensation
open curFile 0
Video: 720x576  aspect: 4:3  frame_rate: 25:1  scan: interlaced
Audio: layer 2  48000 Samples/sec  192 KBit/sec
    INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler (version 1.6.0) is a general scaling
utility for yuv frames
    INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>
    INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
Killed
[root@kairo video0]# **ERROR: [yuvscaler] Could'nt read YUV4MPEG header!
**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error
(failed read/write)!

So probably tosvcd isn't able to generate this header and/or can't feed
it into the pipe.

That leaves me wondering where to look next :-( As far as I understand
the tosvcd.c source up to this point it is really just generating this
header to make the mjpegtools happy.

Any more idea?

Thanks Benjamin