[vdr] Re: video data stream broken

On Thursday 05 December 2002 09:26, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Sven Goethel wrote:
>
> Sure, everybody is free to publish whatever patches they want ;-)

;-) thanxs the people for the freedom we enjoy

> But please understand that it simply takes a while before I can consider
> adding a patch to the VDR source.
of course

> In case of the "retune" thing I have
> to see how this fits into my currently ongoing changes to do the actual
> tuning in a separate thread (necessary to make it work with motor DiSEqC
> antennas, and also to make channel switching react faster in general).

yep - the retune is just a workaround i have found while experiementing,
and it makes no sense for me, why it does not work nice without it.
Q: why can a channel being found better (no broken stream, or recovery of broken
streams) when doing a channel switch back and force ?

ToDo: When using retune, a "back" channel should be used with the same
DiSeq paramters .. ?!?

> The apid-switch thing first needs to be tested to see if it still works
> with the other systems (you wrote you need this change to make it work
> on _your_ system - but I guess you haven't verified whether this still
> works on _other_ systems, or did you?).

well, it works on my system and the system of my friends. all are:
	- linux >= 2.4.19
	- dvb driver newstruct head >= 20021013
	- vdr >= 1.1.13
	- channels @ S19.2E and S13.0E

> Finally, the remote  thing is
> AFAIK, already handled in the "Remote" plugin from Oliver Endriss, so I see
> no need to make this part of the VDR source.

IMHO, it is better to have this basic function within vdr itself,
like REMOTE_KBD, etc.
but, of course, i do respect your opinion !
so i have to get in touch with oliver.

> Klaus

cheers, sven
- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-521-2399440 ; fax : +49-521-2399442