[vdr] Re: VDR on embeddable LINUX

jan wrote:

> i wondered if anyboby had worked on an embeddable LINUX version for VDR
> it could reduce boot time use flash disk etc
> excuse me if this question seems stupid but how much can you shrink
> linux to make run vdr and its simple features?

I built a mini-distri for vdr. I'll do some clean up's this evenning and
I'll load it up to a web page tommorow.

The whole system is less then 10 mb in size and it includes:

linux 2.4.20 with devfs
glibc 2.3.1
midnight commander
  (very usefull through telnet, my vdr has no monitor/keybord attached)
busybox 0.60.5
some userland tools for exporting nfs filesystems
lcdproc 0.4.3
lirc 0.7.0pre1
vdr 1.1.18
telnetd (limited to one session)
bootscripts (only 2 scripts, simple & easy to modify)

Alfred