[vdr] Re: second audio PID on Canal+ broadcasters

Thank you Patrick for answering most of my questions.

Patrick GUENEAU wrote
>Yes of course you can unload one driver then load another one. But I am
>having 2 problems with this kind of swicth :
> Using convergence You have to loop load/unload/wait 10se until the CAM
>is detected (ASTON string written in /var/log/message file) If you don"t
>do that CAM is not working. I can be long (10 minutes or more sometimes)
>(...)

Is it possible/easy to just forget about CAM support if I only want to
replay recordings and use the OSD (no TV viewing when in
"convergence/replay" mode).
How fast is the CAM detected when in the "alternate driver/recording" mode?

>Concerning Subtitles, I think there is only my patch to support Teletext
>subtitles (the one used by Canal+). It is working well but is still
>havig a few bugs (PTS reset and conversion don't know why).

Thanks a lot for that info and that patch. I know your patch supports
teletext viewing, but how are these recorded (embedded into MPEG2 stream?).
Could these be burned as DVD subtitles in some way?

>MPEG2 resolution is 720x576 on Canal+ and most CineCinemas channels
I am correct in assuming this is MP@ML for PAL DVDs - therefore 100%
Video-DVD compatible? (I can't check the streams myself - I don't have a DVB
card yet)

Philippe