[vdr] Re: RE : OOPS and recording problems

Alle 09:20, domenica 8 dicembre 2002, Olivier JACQUES ha scritto:
> It sounds like a speed problem with your HDD.
> Take a look at hpdarm command (if you don't have it on your distro, get
> it).
> Do you have DMA enabled (what is the output of hdparm /dev/hdx, x to
> replace with a, b, ...)
>
> From a previous post in the ML:
> "
> hdparm -d1 /dev/hdx
> switches basic dma usage on!

Thank you for the hints, but I've also checked hdparm before asking for help,
it seems alright to me (but how to get detailed dma mode informations?):

dev/hda:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 2498/255/63, sectors = 40132503, start = 0

/dev/hdc:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 524/255/63, sectors = 8421840, start = 0

Power saving spindown is also disabled on the drive where /video is mounted,
though it is enabled on the drive where /VDR is.

(Recording was working perfectly with old vdr 1.0.4).
--
Alessandro Pasotti
Amministrazione Isole Borromeo S.R.L.