[vdr] Re: vdr1.0.4+CI/CAM do a slow vdr

Hi Patrick,
and thank's for your reply.

Patrick GUENEAU wrote:

> Hello Cyrille
>
> Cyrille Grange wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i repost this question and add that any similar experience details
>> report will be appreciate.
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>>  >Hi,
>>  >I'm using vdr from a long date.
>>  >Recently, i try an AstonCryptv1.05 module and a friend card, but
>> when i
>>  >start vdr with it, vdr is really very slow with both lirc or kbd.
>>  >Does somebody have a solution or an explanation of this ?
>>  >
>>  >Regards.
>>

> Astoncrypt isn't working very well with Convergence Driver. I had to
> program a loop (installing/removing/waiting 10sec) until ASTON string
> appears in the log (after enabling some DEBUG messages in driver code
> to see the messages).

Very interristing, can me provide me (us) a diff file ?

> If ASTON Cam is not recognized at startup, VDR is slow and no
> encrypted channel can be displayed.
>
> The last time I tested Convergence driver it locked up on half French
> CanalSatellite channels (using SECA2 card).
>
> Now I am using modified Convergence driver with TT firmware
> (http://www.linuxdvb.tv)  and VDR v1.04 to be able to record Canal+ or
> CanalSatellite broadcasts.
>
> What kind of card did you test with your ASTON CAM ? Do you see
> channels even with slow VDR response ?

This  is a Nexus one, i think it's call rev2.1 too. When vdr is slow,
only free to air channels are visibles.
With some (a lot sometimes ;-) ) patience, the CAM is well seen by
drivers and vdr, by restarting vdr (and reloaded driver) and inserting
the CAM at the "good time", but this is not so good for connectors i
think and i really prefer your way.
My tests were before seca2, now i dont know if it's still working, and you ?

> Patrick.

Thank's again and hope you will be able to send us this diff file.

Cyrille