[vdr] Re: vdradmin - problem?

Uwe Weissbach wrote:

> > > i have connected today to my vdradmin, but it wont display any epg-data.
> > > I can do what i want, vdradmin wont display any broadcast or film.
> > >

> > You probably see the effect with vdr 1.1.19 ?
> >
> > In that case: vdradmin expects vdr to return channel numbers (i.e. the
> > position of the channel def. in the channels.conf), but vdr 1.1.19 returns a
> > more complex channel-ID (it does not do that in older versions and it does
> > not do this when returning timer entries.... so there vdradmin still works).
> >
> > BTW: Same "problem" with vdradmin 0.16 ...
>
>  for this problem Thomas Koch wrote at 27.11.02:
>
> *************************
>
> > Hello together,
> > I am thinking about changing my vdr 1.0.4 installation up tp
> > 1.1.17.
> > Here my question:
> > Does my dear-won tools "mastertimer" and "vdradmin"
> > work on vdr 1.1.17 ?
>
> Nope, the 0.16 version of vdradmin will not work with VDR >= 1.1.16.
>
> I'm planning to release the 0.17 soon.
>
> Tom.
>
> ****************************
>
> we all are hopefully, espacially because the many nice movies
> running throught the christmas time and the urgent need to handle all that stuff...
> ;-)
>
> Uwe Weissbach

The epg.data's 'C' record contains the channel ID and the (optional) channel name. The
name is just for informational purposes (if a human reader takes a look at the file).
I could just as well add the channel number if that helps. So the format of the 'C'
record could become

@Thomas: would that be useful for vdradmin?

Klaus