[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.20

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > - If a PC keyboard is used as remote control, the string entry
> > > fields in the menus now accept character input directly (however,
> > > this works only for keys that are not otherwise defined as remote
> > > control keys).
> > >
> > >- The keyboard is now by default always active to control VDR. The
> > > 'make' option REMOTE=KBD is therefore obsolete. When compiling VDR
> > > with REMOTE=RCU or REMOTE=LIRC,
> > >
> > >  the keyboard can thus now be active together with the remote
> > > control.
> >
> > I use -P"remote -i /dev/input/event0 -t /dev/tty1", with this "string
> > entry fields in the
> >   menus now accept character input directly" doesn't work. What can I
> > do to make it work?
>
> You have to use the built-in KBD remote control of vdr,
> not the -t option of the remote plugin.
>
> There is just one problem in 1.1.20:
> The KBD remote control does not work if vdr is started from a shell script:
>
> vdr.c:
> | bool HasStdin = tcgetpgrp(STDIN_FILENO) == getpid() && tcgetattr(STDIN_FILENO, &savedTm) == 0;
> This is always false if vdr is started from runvdr:
> tcgetpgrp: 10365 getpid: 10373
>
> Oliver

What I was trying to do here is to find out whether VDR is running in the background
(where accessing the keyboard would make no sense - and actually _stopped_ the process,
waiting for kbd access).

Can somebody come up with a (different) way of finding out whether a program is running
in the background?

Klaus