[vdr] Re: NMM-Box

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:28:20PM +0100, Uwe Weissbach wrote:
> it maybe a little bit OT to ask about "competitors" of VDR
> but possibly is someone here, which has experiences with

Interesting that it's a competitor since it's basically using the entire
source code of VDR 0.80 internally =)

> the project on
> http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/NMM/index.html ???
> The OSD looks good, and also the description sounds tasty...

Have you got it to run at all? I had a look in the video/vdr directory
and saw mention of 'YUV' and 'video4linux' so I'm assuming it currently
only works with the full-featured cards that provide output to
/dev/video0, etc.

However, this seems like a lovely complete 'media environment' and since
it uses X rather than an dedicated MPEG2 card, it will definately
benefit from the on-board MPEG2 of the Epia M, etc.

There are very interesting times ahead =)

gdh