[vdr] Re: Child protection / access control module

Hi,

On Thursday 19 December 2002 18:04, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:37:05 +0100, Andreas Hahn <andreas.hahn@sap.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Now you can only view the blocked channels when you go to the CICAM
> > configuration menu and assign SQRTEXPLOG to your primary DVB.
>
> All this methods have the drawback that recordings from this channels
> also don't work when in kids mode.
>
> The right solution is to protect certain channels by a PIN and also the
> recordings recorded from this channels.
>
> Emil

I think the best solution would be a plugin for vdr1.1.x. It should hook-in
in the relevant places like setting a timer, changeing the channel, viewing
a recording and adding/editing channels. Maybe other plugins should be
protectable too (just think of mplayer, dvd and (s)vcd plugins).

Regards,
Andreas