[vdr] Re: Child protection / access control module

Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de> wrote:

> The timeout idea is bad, it should be assigned to the user to make sure, to
> not forget to switch his user-mode off.

Well, see my example of the 12-year-old and the 5-year-old. The big
brother leaves the system would logging off. The little sister then
continues without having to log with her profile. My experience shows
there is some limited reliability / responsibility from 12-year-olds... I
am very aware that a fool-proof system would be utterly complicated
but then a basic system should be able to handle that. So I am afraid
the system can't do without a timeout. It's the same as with a public
computer - you would protect a system with a login timeout to end a
session as well.

--
The first myth of management is that it exists.  The second myth of
management is that success equals skill.