[vdr] Re: vdradmin v0.18

On 21 Dec 2002 09:40:52 GMT, s.huelswitt@gmx.de (Stefan Huelswitt)
wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2002 Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:
> > On 20 Dec 2002 21:07:35 GMT, s.huelswitt@gmx.de (Stefan Huelswitt)
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Another thing: on the timers page, all repeating timers are
> >> displayed several times.
> >
> > This has been implemented by me to show conflicts between the repeating
> > timers in the future. The timer entries are repeated till the last
> > non-repeating timer.
>
> For me it's quite confusing. If you have set a timer 14 days in
> the future, the list grows big.

I have sometimes more than 100 timers programmed up to a month in
advance. Without this feature it is hard to see whether a conflict
occurs with a repeating timer in the future.

> And what happens if I delete one of the repeated entries? Is the
> complete timer deleted or splitt up into several timers?

There is still only on physical entry of a repeating timer. If you
change or delete one of the occurrences all of them are changed or
disappear.

> Maybe this repeat feature could be made configurable?

You can disable this feature bei changing line 1968 to:
    if(0 && length($dor) == 7)  { # repeating timer

> Or display
> the timers once, give any of them a color and have a timebar
> below which shows the time positions.

It may be of help to show the real date additionally to MDMDFSS token.

> Any ways, seeing conflicts isn't easy if you think of multiple
> cards

Go into the configuration an setup the number of DVB cards are available
for recording and the color in the first column will show whether there
is a conflict or not:

GREEN       ok - still at least one card free
YELLOW      ok - all cards are in use
RED         conflict - more recordings are scheduled than cards avail.

> and VDRs multi-recording/card feature.

This is not (yet) implemented. But IMHO this feature is still of much
use because you will get RED for this recordings an can check yourself
if this may be a problem.

This feature is probably not of much use for single card systems with a
low number of scheduled recordings. But IMHO if you have a lot of cards
and regularily scheduled more than 100 recordings one month in advance
it is of great help.

Enjoy,

Emil