[vdr] Re: How to connect the SPDIF of the DVB-s rev 1.3 to a standard SPDIF?

Reinhard Walter Buchner <rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

> Of course you will need to steal 5V and a few mA from
> somewhere (PC PSU) for the inverters and the TOTX
> Not in the schematic, but also necessary Pin 7 of the
> Hex inverter goes to ground and pin 14 goes to Vcc
> (+5V). Let me know if it works. The circuit is quickly
> built on a small strip of breadboard.

Don't forget to tie unused CMOS inputs to Vcc or
GND. In any case, proven SPDIF converter circuits are on
http://documents.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html

--
The Sixth Commandment of Frisbee:
	The greatest single aid to distance is for the disc to be going