[vdr] Re: VDR 1.1.20 wrong symbolic links

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juri Haberland" <juri@koschikode.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 9:15 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: VDR 1.1.20 wrong symbolic links
 server and you should be fine.

> > BTW: just for the record: this is not a VDR problem, it happens just the
same
> > with the plain 'ln -s' command. I don't know if this has been fixed in
newer
> > versions of the kernel NFS server.
>
> Erm, I've never heard of such a NFS bug and I discourage the use of the
> user space NFS server. If this is really reproducable via NFS then I
> suspect more a bad interaction between the underlying file system and
> the NFS server.

I've read about that bug about a year ago and compiled my first kernels with
NFS-modules. I also don't know if it has been fixed.

Whatsoever I'm going to try FTP instead of NFS within the next month. It
will allow me to mount with username and password.
The only to be tested is the throughput, but I think it will be superior to
NFS.

Rene