[vdr] Re: Second Audio Channel?

Hi Christof, Steffen, all

> Steffen Koch wrote:

> > I had the same this week on a BR3 recording. This describing voice is
>> for the blind. It's not

C.S:
> I reviewed the recording, my VDR is connected to a simple amplifier. The
> "additional voice" was mixed in the left channel, when balancing only to
> the right channel, the voice was gone.
>
> Is it possible (in a simple way) to implement such a feature like
> "expand left/right channel to stereo" into VDR?

I'm afraid there is no simple way to integrate this. My modded
version includes an audio balance control, so you could adjust
the slider to full left or full right (I don't know if special audio
features as the above are _always_ on the left channel), BUT

- you still need an amplifier that can make a pseudo stereo
   (or multichannel) signal out of a mono input (my Denon can :o))

- All of the above does NOT work if you are using the digital
   hardware output of the DVB

The DVB hardware has a simple (analog!) mixer function, but
I haven't seen any function that would allow one to say "I want
to feed only the left channel info into the mixer AND have
it outputet on both righ & left channels.

IF someone knows of such a function, I would be more than happy
to integrate it (I already had a look into it, but was only able to
make the mod mentioned above).

Greetz,
Reinhard

---