[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.20: problems tuning to radio stations

Dimitrios Dimitrakos wrote:

> Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am having a problem when tuning to radio stations.
>>
>>When I tune to a radio station (vpid = 0) I sometimes get no sound.
>>This happens if I tune to a new transponder for the first time. If I
>>tune to another radio station on the same transponder, I get the sound
>>and when I switch back to the first station, it get that sound too. I
>>can reproduce this with the following entries in channels.conf:
>>
>>Radio 3:12109:h:S19.2E:27500:0:701:0:0:28207:0:0:0
>>NDR Info:11835:h:S19.2E:27500:0:3701:0:0:28127:0:0:0
>>
>>I always get the sound if I change the vpid from 0 to a value valid
>>for that transponder.
>>
>>Further information:
>>If I use szap to tune between these stations using the following
>>~/.szap/channels.conf lines:
>>
>>NDR Info:11835:h:1:27500:0:3701:1:28127
>>Radio 3:12109:h:1:27500:0:701:1:28207
>>
>>the tuning works fine until I have tuned to these stations with vdr
>>one time. After that, I have the tuning problems with szap too.
>>I can recover from this state if I unload/load the DVB modules.
>>
>>Another detail, possibly not related to the problem:
>>After reloading the modules and tuning with szap, the sound volume
>>seems to be higher than with vdr. After having tuned with vdr, the
>>sound volume is lower with szap too.
>>
>>System:
>>Hauppauge Nexus-s rev. 2.2
>>DVB driver from CVS (some days old), tested with both old and new
>>firmware.
>>vdr-1.1.20 unmodified
>>SuSE 8.1 kernel 2.2.19
>>

>>Wolfgang
>>

> You are not alone. I have exact the same Problem and other Users too.

Oops, I've not read the mailinglist carefully enough (did a search
"radio" only which did not show relevant messages)

> Tested with VDR 1.1.17/18/19/20 without any patches or plugins.
> With 1.0.4 no problem ( same settings in channels.conf )

I will download the 1.0.4 and try to compare it to 1.1.20.

> I report this to Klaus on 23 Dezember and report the same Problem on
> 26 Dezember but no answer.

It's Xmas time :-)

> @Klaus
> Wenn du die email nicht erhalten hast hier nochmal.
>
> Betreff war : ERROR (dvbdevice.c,512): Device or resource busy
>
> Hallo Klaus,
>
> es ist mit 1.1.19 / 20 ( evt. auch frühere ) nicht möglich auf einen
> Radio Kanal zu wechseln auf dem die VPid 0 oder 0x1fff gesetzt wurde.
>
> Springt mann dann wieder auf einen Normalen Sender zurück kommt die
> Fehlermeldung im Betreff.

I do not get any error messages.

> Rekonstruktion :
> - Auf einen Sender wechseln z.B RTL
> - Auf einen Radiosender wechseln ( Vpid 0 ) der aber eine andere
> Frequenz hat ( es scheint alles zu funktionieren aber TON kommt
> trotzdem nicht )
> - Auf vorangegangenen Sender zurückspringen ( messages hat den error )
>
> PS. Springt man zuerst auf einen Sender mit Vpid, der die gleiche
> Frequenz hat kann man im Anschluss auf den Radiosender problemlos
> springen. Setzt man auf den Radiosender eine VPID ausser 0 und 0x1fff
> (sogar 1 geht, dachte zuerst es liegt an der änderung zum aufnehmen
> von Radio sendern) funktioniert wieder alles

If any vpid works (not only valid ones) I can change my script to
convert the channels lists from the Windows driver to replace a zero
vpid by 1. I'll try that.

Wolfgang

[cut]