[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.20: problems tuning to radio stations

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Dimitrios Dimitrakos wrote:
>>
>> Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
>>
>> [...
>> You are not alone. I have exact the same Problem and other Users too.
>>
>> Tested with VDR 1.1.17/18/19/20 without any patches or plugins.
>> With 1.0.4 no problem ( same settings in channels.conf )
>>
>> I report this to Klaus on 23 Dezember and report the same Problem on
>> 26 Dezember but no answer.
>
> I'm afraid I didn't receive that mail. Did you send it under a
> different "From:" address?
>
>> @Klaus
>> Wenn du die email nicht erhalten hast hier nochmal.
>>
>> Betreff war : ERROR (dvbdevice.c,512): Device or resource busy
>
> Now you're confusing me - what does this subject have to do with radio
> stations?
>
> Anyway, apparently in a nother posting somebody suggested to use VPID
> 1 in such cases. I would assume that this is a problem of the driver,
> since VDR can only give the driver PIDs it wants to receive. Whether
> or not the driver delivers any data is beyond VDR's reach.

The problem does not happen when tuning with szap until I use vdr one
time to tune. Afterwards I have the problems with szap too. Recovery is
only possible buy unloading/loading the DVB modules. So VDR must do
something different than szap - and possibly trigger a bug in the
driver.

Wolfgang