[vdr] Re: AW: Re: DVB-c channel tuning/locking does not work 100%since VDR 1.1.19

  David,

  What kind of pattern is there on the frequencies that finally do lock?
Can you see any consistent freq offset?  Are there some channels/QAM
values that consistently lock easily and some that do not?  I guess
QAM_128 channels are harder to tune, am I right?

  I am right now trying to read the AFC register in ves1820, and for QAM64
channels it stays pretty much constant at 0.02 MHz or something if I tune
it carefully to a frequency that gives the smallest AFC.  QAM128 channels
fluctuate between -0.5 MHz and +0.7 MHz.  There is a lot to do with
QAM128!

  Hmph.  Opening and closing the device too often also makes the machine
hang every now and then.  How frustrating.  I'll continue testing this in
a couple of weeks and discuss the results in the linux-dvb mailing list,
which is maybe more appropriate place for driver problems.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com