[vdr] Re: Autorepeat function of the built-in remote port of Haupauge R. 2.1

Steffen Becker wrote:
> I wondered if the autorepeat function works with the HEAD driver and
> the built in IR Port of the Haupauge R.2.1. I'm aware that Oliver
> tried to fix this in September. But the only search results were on
> the DVB-mailinglist on just the mentioned September - Thread.

It is a firmware bug and we cannot fix it because the firmware is
closed-source. :-((

> I tried it with the current CVS of the DVB driver. evtest is still
> not printing more than one event if i keep the button pressed and the

Due to the 'RTL' bug, this firmware is not very useful anymore.
In the meantime I'm using the old firmware with the driver patch I
posted a few days ago. (Autorepeat works with this combination.)
There are some disadvantages:
- The timeshift-with-one-card feature cannot be used anymore.
- The driver crashes more often, especially during cutting.

> remote-plugin for VDR hasn't changed since than, has it?

A new release of the remote plugin will be announced on this list.
As I'm not aware of any bugs, and autorepeat has not been fixed, there
has been no reason to do so...

Oliver