[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

On Saturday 01 Feb 2003 4:17 pm, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> At 16:09 01/02/2003, you wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:04:26PM +0000, Simeon Walker wrote:
> > >  ? Some channels share the same 'frequency'. For example, BBC 3 and
> > > 4 become the childrens channels during the day. Is it possible to
> > > enter them both into the channels.conf?
> >
> >I thought they just had different PIDs, but broadcast at different times
> >- I didn't realise they shared the same PIDs....
>
> Yes they do. I just have them in there once - why bother :)
>
> > > is a 4:3 picture inside the active part of a letter-boxed area
> > > which is itself inside the standard 4:3 frame. Does anyone else
> > > see this?
> >
> >Yes, I get this too :)
>
> Get a widescreen TV :p   -- I don't think a lot can be done against that
> unless the TV can deal with converting 16:9 programmes (and most are on DTT
> in the UK) to 4:3 .

I have a widescreen TV! The entry in the settings has no effect here.

> While I have your attention here on the list -- can both of you actually
> tune to BBC2 and BBC News 24 with vdr 1.1.22 (or anything newer than 1.1.13
> with newstruct)? It keeps b0rking up here and I have to change the channel
> time and again until it eventually works. Are you both using dxr3s rather
> than dvb-s for output?

I am using vdr-1.1.22 and the recommended dvb drivers with a Nova-T
(i.e a budget card) and a DXR3 for output.

I have tried the follwing channels so far:
BBC 1,2,3,4,News 24, ITV 1,2,News, C4, C5, FTN, Sky News, UK History,
TMF, The HITS.

I can tune to all of the above with no problems, though there is
the weird replay with search effect I mentioned earlier.

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702