[vdr] Re: navigation in vdr

Am Montag, 3. Februar 2003 11:18 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> Am Mon, 2003-02-03 um 11.11 schrieb Sven Soltau:
> > Hello again.
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to change/improve navigation in vdr menu. To
> > make a choice I must hit the OK button on the IR.How about to add the
> > possibility by hitting the left and right button to go one level
> > deeper(right) and higher(left)?
> > What do you think about this idea?
> > --
>
> what about increasing the numbering-sheme for menu-entries from one
> digit to two? It's quite annoying to switch down-button for eleven times
> to select an entry as numbering ends with 9.
especially if auto-repeat of the remote control doesn't work...
IMO the first improvement would be that the "right" key sets the active entry
to the bottom if there is only one page (as is the case with my main entry
which currently contains 12 entries).

An alternative solution to the two-digit approach would be to start the
numbering with 1 for the entry which is currently displayed at the top and
after 9 to continue with 01, 02,... Well, this might be too sophisticated.