[vdr] Re: AC3

I got the same. You can use something like vdr -a "a52dec -o oss6" to
get 6 channel output. That has got a few drawbacks if you want to use
the SB Live output everytime (Stereo, Stereo over AC3 - 2-Channel AC3
Broadcasts from Pro-7 -, and Dolby Digital A3 ). These are :
-  each mode requires different setup (routing and mixer)  for the
soundcard
-  when the libao (from a52dec) has initialised the driver for 2-chan it
sometimes cant switch to 6-chan  and vice versa (i think this is a
emu10k1 driver flaw). it has to reinit the libao
- you cannot adjust ac3 volume from within vdr

I wrote a small plugin for personal use. It consists of the ingredients:

- vdr-1.1.20 with ac3-over-dvb-patch 0.1.0 patched to send audio over
the <Audios>  interface from vdr. (used this to get clean ac3 from dvds)
- small plugin which contains main code from a52dec (with modifications
of course) and some code that detects which audio mode currently is
running and executes shells scripts based on this.
- a few shell scripts to modify emu10k1 state and two emu10k1 dsp
patches (prologic from line in and 6 Channel Volume)
- the volume is modified by shell scripts invoked from irexec (from the
lirc-pkg) (dvb volume is fixed)

I did not release it for the following reasons :

- Its an ugly hack. It contains some hardcoded paths for example.
- Its not easy to install. See above (And most parts are undocumented)
- I want to port it to vdr-1.1.23 with the new ac3-over-dvb patch if
possible
- The box where the current code is on, is not networked
- I never though somebody else could use this

If you are really interested in this drop me a line and i send you the
current version of the plugin.

Tim

--
Tim Schröder <tim.schroeder@epost.de>