[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.1

Hi Marcel,

thanks for that, I tested your plugin and I really like it! It already works quite stable here (no crashes so far), and allows me to look quickly into teletext pages with slightly reduced quality, but with sound and picture...
In some cases, the readability is bad because of the background color, but obviously there is not much you can do about it because of the OSD memory limitation.
So far, great work

Matthias

Marcel Wiesweg wrote

Hello all,

I sometimes thought that I'd like to quickly look up some things in the teletext without losing picture and sound.
So I have written a plugin that displays teletext directly on the OSD.
It is an add-on to the teletext plugin (uses much of the code of this great plugin), and you need to have the teletext plugin loaded additionally.

It is available from
http://www.wiesweg-online.de/linux/vdr/vdr-osdteletext-0.1.tgz

It provides a zoom feature (blue key) and a half page OSD feature (yellow key).

The limited OSD memory seems to impose certain limitations to the color depth - the depth is limited to 2Bit which is the major drawback of this solution. Please refer to the README for more information.

Please see my second posting if you want sound in the original teletext plugin.