[vdr] Re: DXR3 crash fixed

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 01:33:41PM +0200, Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> It took me one full day to keep VDR running to encounter this problem again,
> but last night (with the patch) I got crashes again. Sadly I didn't have
> debugger attached this time, and only got the following assert:
>
> 	vdr: dxr3syncbuffer.c:32: void cFixedLengthFrame::CopyFrame(const
> uint8_t *, int, unsigned int, eFrameType): Assertion `length <= m_length'
> failed.
> 	Aborted
>
> This time VDR crashed 4 times within approx one minute (two with assert, two
> with just Segmentation fault). During this period I also got some other
> messages (most of these repeated few times, just took the first one. And
> some of these are from the different VDR as it crashed and restarted in
> between two messages):
I got the same behaviour with 1.1.22, dxr3-cvs, current dxr3-plugin _and_
the liveac3-patch (I just copied my other vdr-installation to my
testmachine with the nova and dxr3) while watching Pro7 (they have an
ac3-audio-stream), on other channels (without ac3) there we're no
problems. With a clean install (without liveac3-patch) everything works
fine.
So it seems to be a problem related to some streams (and triggered by an
ac3-audio-stream in my case).

Bye,
Matthias
--