[vdr] Re: Streaming-Plugin Windows client for unicast

Not so strange that multicast kills your connection.
When multicast is sent over a lowend switch with out
IGMP snoop it will become broadcast on all ports.

If you have a slow connection a multicast stream of a
couple of Mbit/s will fill you connection.

Only way to solve this problem on a local lan is to
have a highend switch that can see on what ports
multicast traffic are requested.

/Jonas

 --- Ulrich Petri <ulope@gmx.de> wrote: > Sascha

http://uk.my.yahoo.com