[vdr] Re: pre-announce: new streaming plugin

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:55:42 +0100
Sascha Volkenandt <mailbot1@wat.willz.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'd like to pre-announce my new streaming-plugin

Great.

> The Server component (when enabled - configurable) starts together
> with VDR and listens for control connections and has a protocol
> similar to SVDRP. When a channel is requested, it looks if any
> available card can receive it, and a data connection is opened to
> transfer the video data to the client.
>
> The Client component (not yet started to implement) will bring up it's
> own (VDR-like) menu, where you can control the remote VDR. If the
> server tells the client that a channel is currently unavailable, it
> will show a similar message to VDR's "Channel not available". The
> Client is supposed to be implemented as a device, so you can use a VDR
> with only a dxr3-card (or other Output-Device-Plugins) as a client.
>
> The protocol allows to write other clients (controlled via mplayer for
>
> example) as well. This could be an mplayer window and another window
> where the control is done, or similar.
>
> I'd like to hear about my concept - and ideas will be appreciated,
> especially when delivered before I implement something different;).

Please, can you contact VideoLan ( www.videolan.org ) People, and ask
them if they are interested in integrating a VDR-Software-Client in
their VideoLanClient ?? I think such a solution will be great because of
the incredible portability of VLC :)

Bye,
ANgelus.