[vdr] Re: tech patch for vdr 1.1.24

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 16:08, you wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > I think within reason patches should be merged into vdr-1.1 tree.  As
> > long as functionality of vdr is not destabilized or lost.  Wherever is
> > reasonable, plugins should be used unless it is not practical.
> >
> > I think if people are going to run vdr, run plugins, and thus run a whole
> > flock of patches, why not make it less complicated and try to integrate
> > the patches into the mainline tree.
>
> It's all a question of available time.
> So far I just haven't had the time to look into these things...
>
> Klaus

All at its time. I would propose to wait until the state is ready for 1.2.0 .
Before releasing 1.2.0 put out a 1.2.0 Release Candidate and then it could be
tried to add the patches to main. The patches should not:

- change the behavior of vdr, without they can be switched off
- make vdr unstable

But thats what Reinhard Walter Buchner is working on. After all patches are
integrated with above criteria vdr 1.2.0 could go out.

The above is just a suggestion on how it could be done ...
--
Regards
Steffen