[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.24

Johannes Lautner wrote:

> Am 12.02.2003 09:12:58 schrieb "Christian Jacobsen"
> <christian.jacobsen@stageholding.de>:
>
> >Could it be that VDR is always comunicating with the CAM ? even
> when this
> >channel is not crypted ?
> >

> set this two variables in ci.c, start vdr on a konsole and you can see the
> comunication even on fta - and you see it stopping at some point :-(
>
> // Set these to 'true' for debug output:
> static bool DumpTPDUDataTransfer = true;//XXX
> static bool DebugProtocol = true;//XXX

When the system detects a CAM and initiates communication, the CAM usually
requests that the current time be sent to it at regular intervals (5 seconds
for the CAM I have here). So at least at this rate there will be a steady
communication between host (i.e. VDR) and CAM.

In case the CAM wants to present some sort of menu to the user (like "Insert
smart card" or "Enter PIN") it can only do so when polled by the host. The CAM
never initiates a data transfer all by itself. Therefore VDR polls the CAM
in every main event loop (which is about once a second).

I don't know (yet) why the communication sometimes breaks down, but I hope
I can find out. At least I'll have to make recovering from such a breakdown
work without restarting VDR...

Klaus