[vdr] Re: Lip-Synchronisation

>I know its not the fault of VDR when this problem occurs, but it would be great >to have the possibility to synch the current video.

Would it be possible to know how does the firmware synchronize audio and video (PTS ?, DTS ?, other ?)
I've been wondering the same thing too and have PTS handling on the list of "bugs" I'd like to fix (if I had the expertise and time) / see fixed in vdr because the PTS handling could possibly introduce probs with unclean streams.

According to Metzler on the DVB list it's PTS the full featured cards use to sync A/V. It would certainly help if vdr would write PTS correctly in remux.c (used for transfermode / recording). This way after a stream reception error sync remux wouldn't be needed? As far as I can see vdr is treating PTS in a different way (or not at all?) than mpegtools' ts2ps does. ts2ps applies timestamps to the header according to a coded-in transformation table if I read the code correctly -- vdr doesn't do this.

Now possibly this is because it's not needed for "pseudo" TS coming from a full card -- but then what about real TS with recording from a budget card or using transfer mode? I'm not quire sure what the reasoning behind it is... I'm sure Klaus can comment much more competently than myself...

- Gregor