[vdr] Re: Making a VCD out of a VDR-Recording

Axel Gruber wrote:
Yesterday i tryed to use tosvcd 0.9.
But the Results are realy bad - have noises in the Sound, picture
Jumps and my windows-CD-Burn-Programm say that the Stream ist not
VCD compilitant.
I have tried tosvcd 0.9 as well and I also am not satisfied with the
quality. However, I tried it in SVCD mode and I have not observed
any sound problems or jumps in the picture. The picture just shows
a lot of compression artefacts (blocky colors and seams around lines).
See the other thread I started recently.

On the other hand, tosvcd is extremely convenient. One command and
you have converted a VDR recording into an SVCD image. Very nice!
If tosvcd would use a better MPEG encoder, it would be extremely useful.

I donīt tryed to use VCDIMAGER for linux because i dont have a DVD-Bruner in my linux-BOX.
Actually, you ARE using vcdimager when you use tosvcd.
tosvcd is mostly a manager that directs a team of other
programs to do the actual work. One of them is vcdimager.
So the final cue and bin files that came out of tosvcd
are made by vcdimager. All you have to do is burn them
on a machine that can burn cue and bin file. On a linux
machine this would be done using cdrdao.

Does anyone ever made a VCD out of a VDR-Recording ? - wich works well in a
standalone-Player ?

Another tool that you can try is mencvcd, which you will find
in the TOOLS subdirectory of the latest mplayer release.

Carsten.