[vdr] Re: [Plugin request] RGB-VH out on DB15 for hometheater videoprojector

Reinhard wrote :

> Hi Sophie,
>
> > Hello all,
> > I would like to use the monitor out of my Radeon graphics
> > card to feed a hometheater videoprojector.
>
> WHY do you want to do this? Just use the RGB CVBS or Y/C
> output of the (J2) DVB. Shoving the whole data stream through
> another D/A convertor isn't going to make your picture any
> better ;o))

I have a rev 2.2 card, so only CVBS output is available.

> Or are planning to use the Radeon as a scaler / de-interlacer?

You got it. It's easy to have de-interlaced hi-res video out with it.
It's even possible to use DVI out...

> If so, I would be interested in a linux based solution. The only
> soft / hard combo known to me uses windows and a BT848
> TV card.

The Dscaler way is for analog video. Here we allready have a digital video
stream.

> As to the plugin you are looking for. There isn't one out yet.
> So you would be a DIY here.

I know nothing in video processing and c programming :(
Maybe someone with the necessary skills will be interested ?

Thx,
Sophie