[vdr] Re: Enabling "CVBS YC OUT" on a Hauppauge DVB card

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Has anybody followed the description on:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>The solution seems to be to add "vidmode=2" to get CVBS_YC_OUT enabled,
>>but I'm not sure which module should get that option, probably dvb.o?
>
>Yes, "vidmode=2" is what I want, at least according to this (and other
>pages):
>
>	http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/faq/cache/26.html
>
>But what module are they for? I load "ves1820" and "dvb-ttpci" manually
>using modprobe, and they in turn pull in a few other modules. I guess the
>parameter should be passed to "dvb-ttpci"?

I found (or was told on IRC, actually) the solution. You can get the
parameters a module supports using "modinfo", like this:

% /sbin/modinfo dvb-ttpci
filename:    /lib/modules/2.4.20-2/misc/dvb-ttpci.o

<snipp snapp>

parm:        vidmode int

<lot of other params>

So there you go, I hope someone else can find this using the search engine
when they need it. Final usage for me is:

	/sbin/modprobe dvb-ttpci vidmode=2

And the image is just fine. I wasn't too sure about my soldering skills,
but it seems to have worked just fine. :)

--

              Many an ancient lord's last words had been:
         "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh...."