[vdr] Re: OpenTV

>> Has anyone ever done any work decoding OpenTV streams (used
>> for EPG's etc), and thus converted this to a plugin for VDR to use?
>
> AFAIK, OpenTV standard is "closed". We can't get
> specifications for it, so it is basically reverse
> engineering.

That's nasty - and quite odd for such an open name.  Doing some digging
around on the OpenTV.com website I see that there are "partner" programs
for developers, but it seems you have to spend $$$$ to even get close to
the software.

> Sure that EPG decoding for both standards included in a
> plugin will be a major breakthrough for VDR users that have
> poor standard EPG support from their broadcasters. Anybody? :)

I've looked at the raw streams, and don't even know where to start.
Going to keep trying though....

Andy.