[vdr] Re: .vdr maximum file size

Stephan Bieker wrote:

> Beside all that technical stuff, i would love to get one file per
> recording. No one really will use vdr, which is a linux based application,
> on a fat16 file system or similar which doesn't support files greater than
> 2 GB. I asked myself many times why vdr splits files, even when saving
> recordings to filesystems without those limits.

Sorry, but I do not agree.
I think a couple of days ago there was a posting of someone who said he
had a SuSE 7.3 system and cannot create files larger than 2G. I don't
know if this is true for all SuSE 7.3 systems, but I have my doubts also
about Debian with a 2.2ish kernel (or do they include the LFS patches in
the default kernel?).
So please, keep the default at 2G and maybe make it configurable, to set
an max. value of 2T (or maybe even more with 2.6er kernels?).

Cheers,
Juri