[vdr] Re: standalone 'vdr-player' only with one dxr3 card

On Sonntag, 2. März 2003 16:00 Ulrich Gierschner wrote:
> Where can I read something about building a
> 'stand-alone-vdr-player-with-only-one-dxr3-card'?
> Which driver do I have to use? Are the dxr3 drivers already in the
> DVB-driver sources included? As far as I know I need the DVD drivers for
> building vdr?
>
> I am looking forward for an faq or howto. (or three small steps :-)

Jere's the three small steps version:

I've just done this to test my cDevice PlugIn ;)

You need to download the latest vdr-1.1.x and DVB-Drivers, unpack them as
usual (drivers linked to DVB/), but don't compile the driver. VDR just needs
some include-files from them (could be an idea to implement all kinds of
devices, even the DVB devices as plugins). Compile VDR as usual.

Download the dxr3-drivers from www.sf.net (search for "em8300"), compile and
install them according to the docs ;) and do the same with the dxr3-plugin.

After that, install any PlugIn you would like (i.e. DVD, and some don't work).

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt