[vdr] Re: dxr3/vdr problem

> From: Kai Moeller [mailto:moeller.ki@gmx.de]
>
> > My DVB card has given me zero TS packet errors ever (or at least as long
>
> Then there is a problem in the hardware/firmware/driver.

Perhaps...

> The CRC (actually it is more than a simple CRC) is added to the TS packet
> 188
> bytes + 16 bytes. These 16 bytes are used to do the error correction and

Ok, there is one. Good.

What if... the driver checks this and only lets through those packets that
are ok. At the PES level the data may still be corrupted... And this can
cause (=does cause?) trouble without full verification of the stream.

> So from that I think it is not the job of the Dxr3Plugin to find the bit

I think we all agree on this.

What I'd really like to see is a library to handle all this. Sort of what's
been done with the EPG and libdvb.

But until we have one... keep your helmets on...

					Teemu