[vdr] Re: timeshifting/rec and viewing other channel at the same time

Bläser, Lars wrote:
> > From: Ulrich Petri [mailto:ulope@gmx.de]
> >

> > Martin Altemark wrote:
> > > I want to record and view other channels at the same time, or
> > > use timeshifting with encrypted channels.
> > >
> > > I have a full featured dvb-c card, and I realize that I would
> > > need another card to do this (it is possible, isn't it?).
> > > What card could this be. As cheap as possible of course.
> >
> > AFAIK you need two full-featured cards for viewing
> encrypted channels
> > timeshifted.
>
> afaik not, because you have a simple mpeg2 PES file to play
> in timeshift/transfer mode,
> it does not mattes that it is from a encrypted channel (you
> can´t do this with only one
> full card)
> a DXR3 should be ok

That is correct if he only wants to do timeshifting. But he wrote, that
he also would like to view other channels while recording (encrypted?)
channels. So he would either need two full featured cards or one full, 1
budget and a dxr3...

Ciao Ulrich