[vdr] Re: [Announce] Teletext Subtitles plugin

--On den 7 mars 2003 15:07 -0500 Jeremy Hall <jhall@maoz.com> wrote:

ok, I'll try it.  good that it displays on the DEBUG_OSD.
Wait, now I got what you mean. No, it doesn't, it is pretty
hardwired to use the OSD. You could probably pretty easy
change it to use the print_line and print_page debug
procedures instead, but:

and yes I am speaking of the line 21 stuff.  As best I can gather, they
are "teletext-like" whether that means they are pure teletext streams I
dunno.  The best description I have seen is that a modified teletext page
is transmitted in between certain frames.  In the US streams, there is no
teletext stream, only audio and video and sometimes AC-3.
This plugin can only decode teletext PES streams, it does not
take data from the video stream.
If it is in the video stream I guess one would have to first
do MPEG2 decoding to get at the scan line and from there
decode it. Is that really how it is transmitted?
If so, this plugin would need some serious hacking to support
it, sorry.

/ragge