[vdr] Help Requested from the Dxr3 plugin maker and others C/C++ coders

Hi,

I had a look at your plugin last days,

The Dxr3 card is based on the undocumented em8300 sigmadesigns chip.
A couple of days ago, a friend of mine gave me another sigmadesign card
Which is based on the em84xx chip.

I found many tools for this card under Linux :
 - The Documentation of the chip
 - The Linux API
 - And some examples.
It wasn't difficult to find this tools, everything is on the SD website.
I just had to get the Netstream2000 SDK for linux.

I tried to make a sinple MPEG2 player with their doc and everything
works fine.
That part wasn't really difficult, I just had to cut and paste pieces of
code to make it work.

This card seems to feature OSD. I didn't try it yet.

I was wondering if you can help me to build another plugin based on this
card.
I don't want you to write a specific plugin, I just need some
informations :
 - How can I start to write the device ?
 - Which part of the code is mandatory to have the display (without OSD
etc ...)
 - ...

My problem is that I can't figure out how to start.
I would like to know if it's possible to start like this :
 - create cEm84Player
 - patch vdr code to attach cEm84Player instead of cDvbPlayer to display
the video over this new card
 - ... and so on ...
or if I have to do everything before starting to test it :
 - create cEm84Device
 - create cEm84Player
 - ...

Expecting some help from C/C++ gods like you to know how to start coding
this cDevice and how to debug it.

Thanks