[vdr] DVB-s and analog STB on the same sat cable

Hello everyone,

I want to use my old analog STB and the VDR with DVB-s connected to the same cable from the dish. I don't need to switch on both receivers at the same time, so I came up with a low cost solution. Since neither the DVB-s (rev.1.6) nor the analog receiver have a loop through connection I simply split the signal from the LNB. However I don't use an actual splitter but just a simple T connector. The guy in the SAT shop who sold this to me said it works and he never had problems with this solution.

LNB
0

| DVB-s |<--|split|-->| STB |

But since I read quite often here in the list the the DVB-s cards are somewhat "fragile" I'm a bit afraid that when switching on the analog receiver I will get the 13V/18V tension to the input of the DVB-s card. Could that hurt the tuner on the card ? And what do real splitters do ? Do they implement some sort of protection (diods) ?

Thank you,
Ondrej ...