[vdr] Re: Timer entries won't get removed after recording

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

>> > Yes, I have seen the same. Are you using vdradmin with auto-timers?
>>
>> No, just VDR.
>>
>> Actually, it doesn't happen always. A recording yesterday worked as
>> expected and the timer entry was deleted automatically afterwards.
>
> same here. i mentioned that over a year ago but noone seemed to have the
> same problem. maybe it has something to do with the fact that vdr sometimes
> crashes when the recording starts, and that way it gets "confused" if the
> times was completed or not... just an idea ;)

Yeah, something like this would be possible, as I was playing around
with VDR the last time it happened. I had a timer entrie for the night
and was restarting VDR a couple of times before the scheduled time. This
entry wasn't deleted. Yesterday I just used VDR as intended (no restarts
or the like).

So it might be that VDR "forgets" to delete a timer entry if it was
restarted.

Cheers,
Juri