[vdr] Re: setup.conf resets to default values?

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

Thomas Dingermann wrote:

our vdr-system works very fine - tnx Klaus
One problem: sometimes (once a day) all values in setup.conf are
restored to default values.
In the evening everything i set all values to my preferred settings
(german etc.)
After a reboot everything is OK. In the morning a daily recording is
done, wake up by nvram-wakeup. Then vdr shuts the system down. In the
afternoon (after switching the box on) all values are default. Syslog
says nothing.
Any hints?

The only thing I could think of is that for some reason VDR doesn't read
its setup.conf file. Have you placed the setup.conf soemwhere different
than the default?

Can you verify exactly which files VDR reads upon startup? You must
make sure that it always reads the same setup.conf.

Klaus

setup.conf is in /video (extra partition on the same disk beside / and swap)
i start vdr in /etc/init.d/boot.local - is this too early?
vdr is loading default values of setup.conf _only_ if there is no setup.conf visible? is that right?
any other hints?

thomas