[vdr] Re: DVB-Driver and Nexus builtin Remote

Ulrich Sippel wrote:

> i use the DVB-driver linux-dvb.2003-02-16 with an Nexus-Card (Rev
> 2.1) on SuSE 8.1 and try to get the builtin IR
> working. After loading the driver the copyright message appears on TV
> and vdr also works. But i want to use the
> IR with the Remote-Plugin. To verify, that there is no hardware issue
> i put the nexus back in the Windows Box.
> In this Box the RC works.

Ok, so the hardware seems to be ok.

> As described in the README in /apps/av7110_loadkeys i set up the
> av7110_ir_debug=1 in the makefile and then did
> ./av7110_loadkeys hauppauge.rc5 > /proc/av7110_ir  and ./evtest
>
> I get a list of Codes and the message "Testing ...". Sadly i see no
> reaction pressing every key on the remote
> control on the screen nor in syslog. I've tryed the -i switch on
> ./av7110_loadkeys, same.
>
> Can anybody give me an idea?

small checklist:

0. compile everything:
   cd DVB/driver
   make
   cd DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys
   make

1. load the driver
   cd DVB/driver
   make insmod

2. load the keymap (after the driver!)
   cd DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys
   ./av7110_loadkeys hauppauge.rc5 > /proc/av7110_ir

3. run evtest
   ./evtest /dev/input/event0
If this does not work, try
   ./evtest /dev/input/event1
   ./evtest /dev/input/event2
   ./evtest /dev/input/event3

One of these should work. (If your device is not /dev/input/event0,
you have to specify this device with the -i command line option of
the remote control plugin.)

> What is the expected behavior of evtest?

You should see something like this:

./evtest /dev/input/event0
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x0 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
Input device name: "DVB on-card IR receiver"
Supported events:
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 2 (1)
    Event code 3 (2)
    Event code 4 (3)
    Event code 5 (4)
    Event code 6 (5)
    Event code 7 (6)
    Event code 8 (7)
    Event code 9 (8)
    Event code 10 (9)
    Event code 11 (0)
    Event code 113 (Mute)
    Event code 114 (VolumeDown)
    Event code 115 (VolumeUp)
    Event code 154 (CycleWindows)
    Event code 353 (Select)
    Event code 360 (Vendor)
    Event code 375 (Screen)
    Event code 377 (TV)
    Event code 385 (Radio)
    Event code 402 (ChannelUp)
    Event code 403 (ChannelDown)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
Event: time 1047342384.790038, type 1 (Key), code 402 (ChannelUp), value 1
Event: time 1047342385.290630, type 1 (Key), code 402 (ChannelUp), value 0

'DVB on-card IR receiver' indicates that you are using the correct
device. The 'Event' lines are the result of pressing the 'Up' key on
the remote control.

> Is SYSLOG (/var/log/messages on SUSE) and the "Kernellog" in the
> Readme the same?

Yes.

> When the DVB-Driver will ever support my ir what is the right make
> statment for vdr? REMOTE=KBD?

REMOTE=KBD is ok but not necessary, since the keyboard is enabled
by default.

> Am i right in thinking LIRC and the Remote-Plugin are two complete
> different approaches that do not depend on
> each other?

Yes. Nevertheless, if you want to use the Nexus receiver, you cannot
use LIRC (with vdr-1.1.x).

Oliver