[vdr] Re: Newbie: Shopping list

Hello Vladi,

> In meantime trying to teach myself Linux...
> RH8.0 - what packages do I need to install?
> If I need compiling my own kernel (my heart
> sinks while I am typing this) - is there
> step-by-step instruction somewhere?
I am starting to write a installation CD which includes a basic Debian
GNU/Linux and the vdr sources.
In the end, everything should be installable form this CD. Actually some parts
are missing (documentation, nvram, lirc, ...).

The CD is not ready yet but if you like it, you can get it and test it. I
recommented a flatrate because you need to download about 650MByte of data.

Best regards
Carsten