[vdr] Re: problem with recording

Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> Hello,
> I just recognised, that the follwoing recording did not
> work.
>
> The recording started at 20:13, then the clock jumped back
> to 20:12 and the recording stop.
> Is this the problem or a feature?
>
> I am using vdr 1.0.4, but is this also a problem with the
> new version?

A lot of software has problems when the time jumps, especially if the
time jumps backwards. As you can see in your log also LIRCD complains:

> Mar  9 20:12:26 firix kernel: lirc_serial: AIEEEE: your
> clock just jumped backwards

Conclusion:
Never ever let your clock jump. The only acceptable jump is at bootup
time when no daemons are running yet and the time is initally set.

Find the reason for the time jump and eliminate it (do you run ntpdate
from cron? bad idea)

Cheers,
Juri